Terms and Conditions
Coastal Vacation Rentals’ office is opened Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm.
Check-in & Check-Out Times:
Check-in is 4:00 pm. We will make every effort to have all properties prepared for your arrival but we cannot guarantee it. Guests accessing their villa/home prior to 4:00 pm will be subject to an additional fee. Check-out is 10:00 am. Guests not departing by 10:00 am will be subject to an additional fee. These times are strictly enforced.
All reservations require half of the total balance to be paid at time of booking. No reservation is guaranteed until payment is received and processed successfully. The remaining balance is due no less than 30 days prior to arrival. Reservations made within 30 days of arrival must be paid in full by credit card at the time of booking and all monies paid are non-refundable at that time.
Acceptable Forms of Payment:
Payments can be made by:
- Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover
- Cashier’s Check made payable to “Coastal Vacation Rentals HHI” and mailed to 1038 William Hilton Parkway, Hilton Head, SC 29928*
* Please note that every reservation must have an active credit card on file, whether the reservation balance is paid with a credit card or not.
- Holiday reservations are non-refundable.
- 45 days or less prior to the check-in date – NO REFUND
- 46-90 days prior to the check-in date – Deposit is forfeited
- 91 days or more prior to the check-in date – Refund of deposit less the $65 Booking Fee and $49 Damage Waiver
Once you have submitted your reservation via our website or online partner (e.g. VRBO), a Coastal Vacation Rentals reservationist will contact you to confirm and finalize your rental within 24 hours. The reservation is not considered final until approved by Coastal Vacation Rentals. Once approved the reservation is subject to all terms, conditions, and policies.
We will be mailing out a pre-arrival packet 2-3 weeks prior to your arrival. The rental agreement must be signed and the total reservation balance paid in full before the packet will be sent. This packet will include directions to the property, the key or keyless entry code, car pass/passes and additional information regarding your upcoming stay.
Reservation Prices Do Not Include:
Expenses and items not mentioned, including, but not limited to: extra towels and linens, pool heat, deep clean of property for excessive wear and tear, carpet cleaning for soiled carpets, mid-stay cleans, concierge services, transportation, tips for personal services, meals, insurance, telephone calls and other items of a personal or excessive nature.
Our rates, taxes, and fees are subject to change without notice.
A Booking Fee of $65.00 will be applied to every reservation.
Every reservation is subject to a departure cleaning fee. The amount varies between each property.
A Town and State tax totaling 10% of the total reservation balance is applied to every reservation with a stay of less than 90 consecutive days.
Some properties require a minimum stay and vary by season. Most properties have a Saturday-Saturday, 7 night minimum stay during “Peak Season”.
Occupancy Limits and Restrictions:
The maximum number of guests is limited based on the property size. An additional charge of $100.00 per person, per night, for each additional or unauthorized overnight guest may be assessed. Any non-registered person visiting the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest. No one under the age of 25 is permitted to lease a property.
- It is agreed that the Premises shall be used only for residential purposes and for no other purpose whatsoever.
- Renter in the possession, use and occupancy of the Premises agrees to observe and comply with all restrictions, laws and ordinances affecting the Premises or occupancy thereof. Renter is responsible for anyone permitted on the property to abide by the rules and regulations at all times.
- Renter further agrees that no use shall be made of the Premises, or acts done which will increase the existing rate of insurance upon the Premises, or will cause a cancellation of any insurance policy covering the Premises.
- Smoking is NOT allowed inside the property. Guests will be charged a cleaning and/or damage fee to be assessed by the Property Manager should smoking be discovered.
- Pets are not permitted without prior consent of the property manager and appropriate deposit and applicable paperwork.
Should the Guest wish to bring their pet to any of our “pet-friendly” properties, the Guest must read and sign the Pet Policy set forth by the Property Manager and submit the required refundable pet deposit. Only homeowners may determine whether or not their property is “pet-friendly”.
Condition of the Property:
Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Please do not move furniture or electronics from their original location. Additional fees may be accessed if our company is required to put the property back to its original configuration.
Renter shall allow homeowner, vendors, and/or Coastal Vacation Representatives access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Right of access shall be exercised in a reasonable manner.
- Renter hereby assumes all risk of damage to any and all personal property of Landlord and Renter, including household furniture and goods during such use and occupancy. Cost(s) of replacement will be responsibility of Renter.
- Renter hereby assumes any and all risks associated with the foregoing and agrees to hold Landlord harmless from and indemnify Landlord against the same.
Plantations & Complexes:
- Please be aware that the Plantations and Condominium Complexes do not allow trailers, motor homes, motorcycles, recreational vehicles and/or rooftop cargo (e.g. kayaks, canoes, etc.) other than car-top carriers.
- Coastal Vacation Rentals does not control and is not responsible for resort/complex amenities including but not limited to pools, elevators, landscaping, pest control, health facilities, etc. No refunds will be issued as a result of closures, construction, repairs, etc. on these amenities.
Passes must be displayed on vehicles’ dashboard. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. Please see specific plantation rules regarding prohibited vehicles (i.e. motorcycles, commercial vehicles) and available overnight parking for vehicles prohibited inside plantation.
Car gate/parking passes (where applicable) are limited to the number of bedrooms in the property. There is a weekly fee for passes when staying in Sea Pines or Palmetto Dunes Plantations.
- Any properties within Sea Pines Plantation will be subject to a $15 + tax fee per vehicle, per week. Any properties within Palmetto Dunes Plantation will be subject to a $10 + tax fee per vehicle, per week. One pass will automatically be included in these reservations. Arrangements need to be made at least 1 week in advance if your party requires more than 1 vehicle pass, as our office will have to order them from the Plantation.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is provided at each property. Login information to access the Wi-Fi will be available in the property’s informational binder, located within the property.
Some of the properties have closets and cabinets that are designated for owner storage only. These locked areas are strictly prohibited from guests.
Refunds will not be made due to inclement weather. Coastal Vacation Rentals does not offer refunds in the event of a hurricane evacuation.
There is no daily housekeeping service except upon request and based upon availability. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Please bring beach and/or pool towels as we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. Any excessive cleaning required during or after Guests’ stay is to be determined by Property Manager and charged to the Guests’ credit card on file or withheld from any security deposits taken.
Private Pools and Spas:
Pools and spa (aka “hot tubs”) are serviced for each check-in and at least once weekly during peak season. Excessive sand, dirt, and/or tanning oil found in pools or hot tubs may require an additional cleaning fee, which will be charged to the Guest. There will be NO REFUNDS for the failure or break-down of spas or swimming pools. Please enjoy these amenities but follow posted rules. Swim and enjoy at your own risk. Some pools and/or spas may be heated upon request for an additional fee if request is submitted at least 48 hours prior to arrival. Please inquire regarding pricing, as it may differ between properties.
Emergency situations are anything considered to be a threat to the health and/or safety of our Guests or to the integrity of the property. If you have an after-hours emergency please call our office at 843-341-3330 and then press “1”. You will be forwarded to our answering service that will take your information and immediately contact the on-duty Coastal Vacation Rentals manager. In extreme emergencies, immediately dial 911. Any service call/emergency call deemed necessary due to renter misuse or neglect will be charged to guest.
Violation & Subsequent Termination:
If at any time the Guest violates the conditions of this agreement, Coastal Vacation Rentals may terminate said agreement. Upon notice of termination of agreement the Guest must vacate the premises immediately. In the event the property owner and/or Coastal Vacation Rentals have to resort to legal processes to enforce their rights under this agreement, the Guest will be responsible for reasonable attorney fees and costs.
Escrow Deposit Agreement:
All reservation deposits are held in an escrow account as required by South Carolina Real Estate Law. By reading and agreeing to this set of terms and conditions, the Guest agrees that Coastal Vacation Rentals shall receive any and all interest that might be earned from this escrow account.